1. Black Spliced Leopard Print Oversized T-shirt - £18.00
2. Contrast Gingham Shirt by Boutique - £75.00
3. Aloha Check Slinky Bondycon Dress - £34.00
4. Graphic Flower Tee - £18.00
5. Mixed Check Jacquard Tee - £26.00
6. Black Floral Tartan Print Spliced Smock Dress - £25.00
7. Floral Grid Split Shell Top - £30.00
8. Oversize Contrast Check Shirt - £30.00
9. Coral Chelsea Girl Mixed Print Dress - £25.00
I was flicking through a magazine last week and came across something that I hadn't really seen before in a commercial piece of clothing, it was three completely clashing prints all on one dress (number 9. in my list). Now, I didn't know what to make of it because the magazine article had a plain image of the dress, like seen above, and then next to it was a photo of a model actually wearing it and it definitely looked far better on her than in it's picture, but I still wasn't sure what I thought about it.
Then a few days later, I was browsing online and saw even more clothing with this mixed print look and I think I've come to the conclusion that, at the minute, I'm not really a fan, some of them are alright, like the oversized check shirt (8.) and maybe the smock dress (6.) but overall I've not seen anything that I would wear myself. Maybe I'm missing the point? I thought I'd show you guys as I think I'm still on the fence, perhaps I'm waiting for a piece that I like before I make a proper decision.
Though, I must say, I've only picked out a few examples as I don't think this style is very common yet, but each time I look there seem to be more and more, so maybe it's a trend that's going to catch on (or is it already a thing? I don't know).
So, what do you guys think? Do you like it, and would you wear any of these?
Birds in Blossom x